THEFOOTY.COM is up for Sale. Visit http://www.domainmarketplace.com.au/sport-and-recreational/football/ for details
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Willie Tonga, Israel Folau, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Cooper Cronk, David Shillington, Neville Costigan, Dave Taylor.
St George Illawarra have today announced that former captain Mark Gasnier will return to the Dragons on a four and half year contract, effective immediately until the end of the 2014 season.
The local junior left the Club at the end of the 2008 season to join French Rugby Union team Stade Francais on a two year contract when external third party commitments that were included in his previous Dragons contract were not met.
Monday, June 28, 2010
1. Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
2. Brett Morris (St George Illawarra Dragons)
3. Michael Jennings (Penrith Panthers)
4. Beau Scott (St George Illawarra Dragons)
5. Michael Gordon (Penrith Panthers)
6. Trent Barrett (Cronulla Sharks)
7. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
8. Jason King (Manly Sea Eagles)
9. Michael Ennis (Canterbury Bulldogs)
10. Kade Snowden (Cronulla Sharks)
11. Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers)
12. Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks)
13. Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)
Sunday, June 27, 2010
A great crowd of over 20,000 in Christchurch.
And that was clear to see in Perth last night with the Rabbitohs holding in to win 16-14, after the scores were locked at 4all at halftime. For the Rabbitohs, Colin Best, playing for his future was amongst the best with Isaac Luke and Dave Taylor, while Billy Slater was his ever present dangerous self.
Posted by snowyfraser at 8:38 AM
Saturday, June 26, 2010
The Cowboys fixed their first half fades going to a 18-0 against the Sharks, but someone forget to tell them they still needed to play for the second half. The Sharks dragged themselves out of half-time and into unlikely victors courtesy of the poor defence and impatient attack, being shown by the Cowboys. In Golden Point the Sharks blew up over a penalty given to the Cowboys, that was inexplicably missed by Jonathon Thurston and then Trent Barret finally nailed his sixth attempt at a field goal to win the game 20-19.
Seriously though, the Cowboys are hopeless with schoolboy errors affecting their game. On tonights form they will be lucky to win another game this season.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Confusingly Tahu, who on his Video Statement claimed he wanted to move on, spoke today for the need for the game to resolve racism for ever. We fully agree and support this stance, and believe the world will be a much better place when this happens. The ignorance of people, unfortunately, is still out there and will take a lot more than a spirited footballer to change the world. Tahu has taken a stance, and good on him. What he now should concentrate on is that he is a role model purely by the football he plays. The "football" he played on Monday does not do him justice, and he will now have a lengthy time on the sidelines to determine exactly what role model he wants to be seen as.
Posted by snowyfraser at 7:03 PM
Monday, June 21, 2010
- Hands on the Ball. Once a player being tackled, feels his opponents hand on the ball when getting up to play the ball, can now just let go/drop the ball, knowing he will get the penalty. The onus should be back on the ball carrier to keep control.
- The Jaryd Hayne slap. This is the one where Hayne goes to first marker and slaps at the arm of the dummy half as he goes to play the ball. Lots of questions for mine, on standing straight at marker, or allowing the ball to clear the ruck. Penalise this ploy out of the game please.
- High shots. Once a player feels any sort of contact around the head/neck all he has to do is stay down knowing the Video Ref will have a look at it and advise the ref of his findings. Tonight we saw Justin Horo drop the ball cold, and get collected after high after slowing down and falling. Staying down, ensured that Cory Patterson was placed on report for something that he really couldn't stop. That just shits me. Made a miraculous recovery to score late for the Eels.
Posted by snowyfraser at 8:47 PM
Sunday, June 20, 2010
The Wests Tigers have won 18-8 over the Raiders today at Leichhardt Oval on a wonderful advertisement for Sunday Football. The Tigers and Raiders played out an edge of seat game, with the Raiders leading 8-6 coming into the final ten minutes. The Tigers scored in the 75th minute through Beau Ryan and led 12-8, and looked to be sealing the game and did so through another try in the final two minutes to win the game 18-8.
Posted by snowyfraser at 3:56 PM
Saturday, June 19, 2010
In the other game, it's rare to see a field goal in the modern game, and tonight we got three as Manly sentenced the Rabbits to their second consecutive loss 26-25. It was Bulldogs-Bound Trent Hodginson that saved the day for the Eagles. Trailing 25-24, with just four minutes left, Hodginson's field goal one minute later looked the be sending the game into Golden Point. However several misses by Rabbitohs, played out to a final attempt from the Manly half with half a minute left. He nailed the win for Manly.
Friday, June 18, 2010
A howler of a poor decision by ref Gavin Badger, denying Brisbane an early try to Jaral Yow Yey played on his mind the whole game based on the number of poor decisions made by him. That try was ultimately not the difference between the sides, Brisbane just dropped too much football, but robbed the Broncos of early momentum.
- Posted by Curly
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
- Stick with a coach that has lost the last two series
- Pick a squad of 21 players
- Continue to forget a thing called loyalty.
- Continue to pick rookies and discard them after one game. Welcome to the club Jamel Idris
- Pick a team purely to win the next game with no eye for the future.
- Continue to resurrect veterans(Kimmorly/Barret/Gallon) with no positive Origin resume
- Allow your assistant coach to make allegedly racist comments
- Allow your winger to place himself above his team. While it was an admirable personal stand from this person, it certainly divided the team, as evidence by the performance on Origin Night. A sure fire way to lose game three is pick the winger again, but in the times of political correctness, this is almost a certainty.
- Allow your assistant coach to stand down. This is the only member of your coaching team that has any Origin history.
- Lose 34-6 in the biggest game in NSW history.
Posted by snowyfraser at 10:30 PM
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Ivan Henjak has some tough decisions to make about the WOW Brisbane Broncos team for Friday night’s match against Penrith.
The Broncos will face the Panthers as the first game (7pm kick-off) of the big double header, with the Titans and Bulldogs to follow at 8.45pm.
Dragons Coach Wayne Bennett has named a seven man interchange bench for this Sunday’s local derby against the Sharks at Toyota Stadium with seven Dragons involved in tomorrow night’s State of Origin clash.
Queensland representative Neville Costigan has been named in the back row to play his 100th NRL game this week with the Dragons looking to make it back-to-back victories over the Sharks this season following their 38-0 victory in Round 8.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Phil Gould Anthony Mundine
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Posted by snowyfraser at 10:05 AM
Posted by snowyfraser at 7:06 AM
Friday, June 11, 2010
AFL Preview Round 12
Good morning tipsters. A much better result last week with 6 but looking at the fixture for this week you will find that of the 8 games 5 could go either way. Based on tipping form so far this season those are scary odds! North by a point and an Adelaide form reversal all worked against us.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
We will take a look at the NSW team first, then analyse the QLD side.
Jarryd Hayne, Brett Morris, Beau Scott, Matt Cooper, Timana Tahu, Trent Barrett (vice-capt), Mitchell Pearce, Michael Weyman, Michael Ennis, Brett White, Ben Creagh, Trent Waterhouse, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Kurt Gidley (capt), Nathan Hindmarsh, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Luke O'Donell.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Posted by snowyfraser at 8:40 PM
Queensland: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Willie Tonga, Israel Folau, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Matthew Scott, Cameron Smith, Dave Shillington, Sam Thaiday, Nate Myles, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Cooper Cronk, Ben Hannant, Neville Costigan, Dave Taylor. 18th man: Jharal Yow Yeh
Monday, June 7, 2010
Posted by snowyfraser at 9:06 PM
The squad announced is:
Posted by snowyfraser at 9:00 PM
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
- They have signed these big name players on a absolute motza, rumoured to be $6million for four years in Israel Folou's
- It has been made clear that a majority part of the big bucks is from a sales and marketing perspective, and NOT part of the salary cap.
Posted by snowyfraser at 8:29 PM